Alice Deal’s Attendance Procedures
When a student is absent or late for an excused reason according to DCPS policy (see list below), parents should provide a written note or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. or
- Fill out form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebqy7OEVFBf_6I_AEwBiqKejRRjiL0u8vkOxwMXOevc13mZg/viewform
- Please copy your child’s team on any email communication with Ms. Stephens and/or Ms. Wright at the team address.
Attendance Counselor Contact Information
Important Changes Made to DCPS Attendance Policy:
1) The Office of Youth Engagement now identifies students that have accrued 10 unexcused absences as “chronically truant".
2) Students must be referred to court once they have reached 15 unexcused absences.
3) Students must be at school 80% (attend at least 5 class periods) of the entire school day in order to be considered “present".
For additional information, please visit: http://dcps.dc.gov/DCPS/Learn+About+Schools/Prepare+to+Enroll/Importance+of+Regular+Attendance
According DCPS Attendance Policy, excusable reasons for late arrivals and/or absences from school are as follows:
- Student illness (a doctor’s note is required if a student is absent for more than five days);
- Death in the student’s immediate family;
- Necessity for a student to attend a judicial proceeding as a plaintiff, defendant, witness or juror;
- Observance of a religious holiday;
- Temporary school closings due to weather, unsafe conditions or other emergencies;
- Medical reasons such as a doctor’s appointment (a doctor’s note is required);
- Failure of DC to provide transportation where legally responsible; and
- Emergency circumstances approved by the Chancellor’s Office.