CALLING ALL 6th GRADERS
WE'VE GOT A GOLDEN TICKET FOR YOU!
Announcing the 6th Grade Musical
Willy Wonka Junior
From Verucca Salt to Violet Beauregarde, Willy Wonka and Charlie Bucket to the Oompa Loompas. This show has something for everyone and we need our talented 6th graders and all their imagination on stage for this wonderful Deal Tradition
AUDITIONS: Tuesday 4/23/2019 from 3:30 to 6:00 PM in the Deal Auditorium
CALL BACKS: Wednesday 4/24/2019 from 3:30 to 6:00 PM in the Deal Auditorium
SHOW TIMES: Thursday June 6 and Friday June 7 at 6:30 PM, Saturday June 8 at 2:00 PM
New to Deal Musicals? Here is how it works:
1) Take a minute to review the attached schedule of rehearsals and show times. Make sure that this works with your schedule for spring. Our directors only allow for one excused absence
There may be some days that the full cast is not called that will be announced later in the show but please use this as your guide for what is required in terms of time commitment.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Auditions are on Tuesday April 23 in the Deal Auditorium from 3:30 to 6:00 pm.
3) All students wishing to to try out should email email@example.com with your name (or the name of the student) trying out in the subject line of the email.
4) We encourage all students who are interested to try out. All students who attend the auditions will be cast in show.
5) You don't have to come with anything prepared for auditions but you do need to plan on staying for the full time on Tuesday April 23 from 3:30 to 6:30 pm.
6) Interested in stage crew? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words STAGE CREW in the title and your name and contact info in the body of the email.
We will contact you in early May with more details.
Congratulations to the 8th Grade Cast and Crew of
WHAT A FANTASTIC, MAGICAL SHOW — A SMASHING SUCCESS!
Don’t Forget that Comet Ping Pong is proud to sponsor Alice Deal Theater and will still give a 10% discount on meals to anyone who comes to Comet between now and Thurs, April 4th, and asks their server for the Deal Aladdin discount. Comet will donate to Deal's Theater Program 10% of the proceeds of any meal at Comet that has the Deal Aladdin discount between now and April 4, 2019.
Thank you for supporting Deal Drama.
Photo credit: Niamh Brennan niamhbphotography.com
Congratulations to the Cast and Crew of
Romeo and Juliet
for putting on a wonderful show in November!
ABOUT ALICE DEAL THEATER
The Alice Deal Middle School Theater Department produces four shows per year including one Shakespeare Play and three large-scale musicals. We are supported by the Alice Deal Community Association (ADCA). The ADCA supports Deal activities, such as the theater program, through the generous financial support from parents and the community. We rely on these donations to provide supplies for sets and costumes, as well as to compensate the professionals who direct and design the shows.
THE DEAL THEATER TEAM IS LOOKING FOR A FEW GOOD PARENTS
Alice Deal Middle School has one of the best drama departments in the whole city, and it is powered by our parents with support from the ADCA. The Deal Theater organizing committee is looking for parents who are interested in volunteering for the 2018-2019 Deal Theater season and recruiting and training other parents to help as well. We need everything from costumes to lights & sound, to set construction, makeup, and Box Office skills. Experience is great, but we also welcome willing and excited first time volunteers. Contact DealTheater3@gmail.com